THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Monday, April 8, 2013

DISCERNING THE VOICE OF THE SPIRIT

I had a wonderful week last week touring colleges with my family and visiting with family and dear friends.  I am SO BLESSED to know wonderful people who are striving.  I know we are going to face many challenges - but where there are good people who follow the Spirit of the Lord, much good can be accomplished; even in the face of extreme adversity.

For the first time ever, my wife and I were able to connect with another striving couple online (through this blog and facebook) and were able to share a few meals together and get on the same page.  We were able to meet for a seminar on Friday evening in Highland, UT that hosted two speakers.  One was on the Book of Mormon and the other was by a speaker who featured experiences from his own life and that of his daughter who has a very thin veil after passing through difficult medical conditions as a young girl.

The speaker who spoke on the Book of Mormon was filled with the Spirit - you almost cannot be when speaking on that topic, or speaking of the Savior.  There is always that characteristic "burning within" while being treated to those topics.  The next speaker spoke of all things that I agreed with in principle, but the Spirit simply was not there bearing witness of it.  It was stark; the contrast.  I do not say that what the second speaker was saying was wrong, or that the words grieved the Spirit - just that it did not witness to the truthfulness of the words of the second speaker.

Less than 12 hours later, I was sitting in the Conference Center listening to the Lord's chosen servants speak and I was again bathed in the Spirit as it witnessed the truthfulness of the messages.  As usual, I cannot resist a challenge to tangle with the "anti's" outside the Conference Center.  First, I throw them off by asking them to assemble for a picture - then I point out where they are wrong.  One earnest older fellow was saying that we could not be saved by any gospel preached other than what is contained in the NT.  Of course, I had to quip - "You mean any other gospel, as in the fulness of the gospel which we have??".  I threw him off - usually, they expect no response.  When falsely accused, I have the responsibility to respond to my accusers.  I believe silence is complicity in their false statements.

Folks, we will need to listen for the Spirit and be able to follow it explicitly in the days that are coming.  Our days are shortened.  I have been impressed that this massive surge of missionaries is the army of the final callout before God's judgments are poured out without measure on a willfully disobedient people.  I am grateful for servants who spoke directly to me and to the world to repent and prepare for what is coming.  When war and carnage are poured out upon the nations in a few short years, these are the ones who will be called home from far and near - and I have to wonder if they will be the ones who are spared the great destructions in Utah and elsewhere as we are purged and then those judgments are poured out on all nations.  I note that the 12 were sent out on assignments outside of Nauvoo when things were at their worst and then arrived in time to complete their preparations under war-like conditions and then to establish Zion in the hills.

Might that have been a type and a shadow of what is to come as difficult things happen at home and then the faithful are called to return and march to their Zion?  My father hosts two sisters in his basement apartment in Logan, UT and I could not believe how young they seemed - possibly as 19 year olds?  I feel a marvelous work and a wonder is under way.  An exciting chapter has been opened and we are going to witness fantastical things in the next few years.  Are you prepared to be a part of it?  Are you up for the challenge?  Are your lamps trimmed?  The devil rages in the hearts of many and it will be a vicious fight for a valiant people.  If we know the beginning from the end, we will come out conqueror!

Here is a wonderful speech that I listen to frequently while I am on the road on the iPod:



God bless you in your efforts to prepare for the Bridegroom!

3 comments:

  1. Keenan had the opportunity to go to this conference with our Bishop and a few other of the Seminary Seniors. He had a wonderful time and has re-doubled his commitment to go on a mission. I am so thankful to the Lord for his workings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so neat that Keenan had the opportunity to go with the bishop to General Conference. Did they have tickets for all the sessions? We were at the Sat am session. Miss you guys. --Sh

      Delete
  2. The second speaker said Satan can read our thoughts, but not our heart nor the intents of our heart. However, Doctrine & Covenants 16:6, says, "Yea, I tell thee, that thou mayest know that there is none else save God that knowest thy thoughts and the intents of thy heart."

    I think I found my tie-breaker, that I was talking about after the conference.

    Also, I understand as spirits we communicate spirit to spirit...kind of like thought to thought, but in the mortal body we are protected from Satan reading our thoughts. However, he can read our demeanor, countenance, and body language, I would imagine, just like anyone else could.

    My big fat question, and if anyone has any feedback on it, can Satan read what is handwritten? I would guess "no" because language is a symbol and it just feels right that Satan doesn't understand symbols, but maybe I am wrong. I do not know why I have that impression, but I just do.

    What about things that are typed or on computer?

    If we are righteous when we die, then Satan will have no power over us. (I want to find the quote that says that,) but if we are not righteous, Satan can still tempt us with just our spirit body.

    I must say, I certainly felt the spirit so much at General Conference. It is really weird how conference hits on almost all the things I have been thinking about or praying about before it.

    The thing in Highland hit on one thing I was praying about, but I don't think it was completely accurate.

    If anyone has any evidence, to the contrary, (that Satan cannot read our thoughts), please present it.

    ReplyDelete